- 1 Wiki Links
- 2 Science-Based Medicine
Many naturopathic theories and practices are not based on the body of basic knowledge related to health, disease, and health care which has been widely accepted by the scientific community. Moreover, naturopathic education does not prepare practitioners to make adequate diagnoses and provide appropriate treatment. This Web site provides information about naturopathy that is difficult or impossible to find elsewhere.
Naturopathic Theories and Practices
- A Close Look at Naturopathy
- Naturopathy: Another Critical Analysis (posted 5/12/04)
- Naturopathic Misrepresentations
- Comments on the AANP Position on Homeopathy
- Comments on the AANP Position on Electrodiagnosis
- Comments on the AANP Position on Childhood Vaccinations
- Diagnosis by a "Clairvoyant" Naturopath (posted 6/27/13)
- Naturopathic Opposition to Immunization
- Debate with a Naturopath (posted 8/8/09)
- What Canadian Naturopaths Offer Lacks Scientific Support (posted 12/2/11)
- NCAHF Fact Sheet on Natuopathy (1997)
Naturopathic Licensure and Discipline
- Overview of Naturopathic Regulation (posted 11/20/05)
- Why Naturopaths Should Not Be Licensed
- Proponent Recommendations for Licensure in Massachusetts (downloadable monograph)
- Why Naturopaths Should Not Be Licensed in Massachusetts (downloadable monograph)
- Performance Audit: Arizona Naturopathic Physicians Board of Medical Examiners (2000) (posted 1/4/12)
- Colorado 1998 Sunrise Report on Naturopathic Licensure (posted 11/20/05)
- Colorado 2005 Sunrise Report on Naturopathic Licensure (posted 11/20/05)
- Florida Sunrise Report on Naturopathic Licensure (posted 4/9/04)
- Florida Medical Society Fact Sheet Opposing Naturopathy Licensing (posted 11/22/08)
- Six Counterfeit Naturopaths Lose Licenses (1990) (posted 3/14/06)
- Disciplinary Actions by Arizona Naturopathic Physicians Board (posted 3/8/09)
- Naturopath Lightly Disciplined for Killing Patient (link to Casewatch)
- Paavo Airola
- Johanna Brandt
- Gregory E. Caplinger
- Hulda Regehr Clark
- John E. Curran (posted July 1, 2005)
- Burl David Filkoff (posted 2/18/05)
- Reginald Fenn (posted 2/13/04)
- Gerhard Hanswille
- Marijah McCain
- Richard A. Marschall
- Brian O'Connell (updated 3/29/06)
- Laurence Perry
- Gary Young (page not found)
- Principles and Practice of Naturopathy (1925 Booklet) (posted 9/15/04)
- Naturopathy and Its Professors (1932) (posted 7/27/03)
- Naturopathy: A Medical Cult (Martin Gardner, 1957) (posted 12/20/08) (page not found)
- HEW Report on Naturopathy (1968)
- Report of the Australian Commiittee of Inquiry (1977) (posted 12/25/03)
- New Hampshire Passes Naturopathic "Insurance Equality" Bill (posted 11/15/12)
- Lorie Atikian (killed by Gerhard Hanswille)
- Ruth Conrad (face burned off by black salve)
- Mercedes Ponzanelli (swindled by Hulda Clark)
Links to Proponent Web Sites
- Individual Sites (36 sites, updated 1/13/09)
- Naturopathic Education (updated 1/20/08)
- Naturopathic Organizations (updated 7/4/06)
Clinical Trials and Uses
- Modern shamanism”naturopathy for hypertension.
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America and naturopathic oncology.
Law and Politics
- Another State Promotes the Pseudoscientific Cult that is Naturopathic Medicine. Part 1
- Another State Promotes the Pseudoscientific Cult that is Naturopathic Medicine. Part 2
- Another State Promotes the Pseudoscientific Cult that is Naturopathic Medicine. Part 3
- Another State Promotes the Pseudoscientific Cult that is Naturopathic Medicine. Part 4
- Legislative Alchemy I: Naturopathy.
- Colorado is Nearer to Promoting Naturopathic Pseudomedicine”Aided by the Colorado Medical Society.
- Naturopathy and Liberal Politics: Strange Bedfellows.
- NCCAM Director Dr. Josephine Briggs and the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
- CAL: a Medico-Legal Parable.
- Naturopathic Prescribing: The Dark Side Beckons.
- Ontario naturopathic prescribing proposal is bad medicine.
- No Education? No Training? No License? No Problem!