Acupuncture and 'Eastern' Medicine
From Society for Science-Based Medicine Wiki
- 1 Wiki Links
- 2 Hot Topics
- 3 General Information
- 4 History
- 5 Research
- 6 Regulation
- 7 Responses from the Acupuncture/TCM Community
- 8 Links to Proponent Web Sites
- 9 Ayurvedic
- 10 Science-Based Medicine Blog Links
- 11 Acupuncture: History
- 12 Acupuncture: Basic Science
- 13 Acupuncture: Clincal Trials
- 14 Acupuncture: Media, Regulation, Law and Education
- 15 Other 'Asian' Remedies
- 16 Ayurvedic
- Acupuncture, Qigong, and "Chinese Medicine"
- Why TCM Diagnosis Is Worthless
- National Council Against Health Fraud Position Paper
- Critique of the NIH Consensus Conference on Acupuncture
- Journal Articles
- Miscellaneous News
- Acupuncture History: Past and Present
- Another Tool of Health Quackery?
- The Uncharted Wilderness of Acupuncture
- Statement by the German Democratic Republic Academy of Sciences
- Nonsense with Needles
- Acupuncture: A History
- "Traditional" Chinese Veterinary Medicine: A Modern Fairy Tale
- Acupucture needle status changed at FDA
- FDA Enforcement Action: Jupiter 707 Acupressure device
- FDA Enforcement Action: Helio Medical Supplies
- Regulation of Acupuncture: A Complementary Medicine Framework) (Little Hoover Commission Report)
- Disciplinary Actions by California Acupuncture Board, 5/96-9/08
Responses from the Acupuncture/TCM Community
Links to Proponent Web Sites
- Acupuncture Education
- Acupuncture Regulation
- Acupuncture Organizations
- Acupuncture Publications
- Individual Sites
Science-Based Medicine Blog Links
- Acupuncture and history: The ancienttherapy that's been around for several decades.
- The Acupuncture and Fasciae Fallacy.
- Astrology with needles.
- James Reston's Tooth of Gold.
- Acupuncture and Modern Bloodletting.
- Oriental Medicine or Medical Orientalism?
- The Forefather of Acupuncture Energetics, a Charlatan?
- The Cargo Cult of Acupuncture.
- Exorcism and Sorcery as Health Benefits?!
Acupuncture: Basic Science
- Acupuncture “ Disconnected from Reality.
- Acupuncture, the P-Value Fallacy, and Honesty.
- On the dangers of using valid placebo controls in clinical trials of acupuncture.
- EMDR and Acupuncture “ Selling Non-specific Effects.
- Needles in the skin cause changes in the brain, but acupuncture still doesn't work.
- Potential New Mechanism of Pain Relief Discovered.
- Acupuncture and Acoustic Waves.
- The Hazards of "CAM"-Pandering.
- Pragmatic Studies and Cinderella Medicine.
- Pragmatic Studies “ More Bait and Switch.
- The Bait and Switch of Unscientific Medicine.
- Another overhyped acupuncture study misinterpreted.
- The World Has Moved On.
- It's just a theory
- Compare and Contrast.
- Spin City: Using placebos to evaluate objective and subjective responses in asthma.
- Animal acupuncture.
Acupuncture: Clincal Trials
- Acupuncture Revisited.
- Hype over science. Does acupuncture really improve the chances of success for in vitro fertilization?
- Acupuncture for IVF Revisited “ More Tooth Fairy Science?
- Acupuncture for Hot Flashes “ Or, Why So Many Worthless Acupuncture Studies?
- Another Acupuncture Claim.
- Another Acupuncture Study “ On Heartburn.
- Puncturing the Acupuncture Myth.
- Acupuncture Anesthesia' A Proclamation from Chairman Mao (Part I).
- Acupuncture Anesthesia' A Proclamation from Chairman Mao (Part II).
- Acupuncture Anesthesia a Proclamation from Chairman Mao (Part III).
- Acupuncture Anesthesia: a Proclamation from Chairman Mao (Part IV).
- 'Acupuncture Anesthesia' Redux: another Skeptic and an Unfortunate Misportrayal at the NCCAM.
- Dummy Medicines, Dummy Doctors, and a Dummy Degree, Part 1: a Curious Editorial Choice for the New England Journal of Medicine Kimball Atwood
- Dummy Medicine, Dummy Doctors, and a Dummy Degree, Part 2.0: Harvard Medical School and the Curious Case of Ted Kaptchuk, OMD Kimball Atwood
- Dummy Medicine, Dummy Doctors, and a Dummy Degree, Part 2.1: Harvard Medical School and the Curious Case of Ted Kaptchuk, OMD (cont.). Kimball Atwood
- Battlefield acupuncture?
- Battlefield acupuncture revisited: That's it? That's all Col. Niemtzow's got?
- Acupuncture Does Not Work for Back Pain.
- Acupuncture and Back Pain “ Part II.
- A Pair of Acupuncture Studies.
- Acupuncture for Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome.
- Acupuncture and the Hazard of Nonsense.
- Acupuncture for Depression.
- Revisiting Daniel Moerman and placebo effects
- Acupuncturist's Unconvincing Attempt at Damage Control.
- Short Attention Span SBM.
Acupuncture: Media, Regulation, Law and Education
- NEJM and Acupuncture: Even the best can publish nonsense.
- Credulity about acupuncture infiltrates the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Acupuncture Pseudoscience in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- AFP Promotes Acupuncture.
- Acupuncture CME. .
- No Education? No Training? No License? No Problem!
- Cavalcade of Quackery: A Pantomine Horse.
- An ICD Code for the Running Piglets!
- The Good Rewards of Bad Science.
- Without Borders.
- You. You. Who are you calling a You You?
- Sky Maul.
Other 'Asian' Remedies
- Rhinos and tigers and bears. Oh my.
- The Annals of Internal Medicine Qualifies for Fail Blog.
- Testing a Chinese Herbal Flu Remedy.
- Asian Bear Bile Remedies: Traditional Medicine or Barbarism?
- An Herbal Cure for Peanut Allergy?
- Tai chi and fibromyalgia in the New England Journal of Medicine: An alternative frame succeeds.