The Society for Science-Based Medicine
- A Society for a community of like-minded individuals, both in and out of health care, who support Science-Based Medicine.
- People should not suffer, die and lose hope, time and money due to pseudo-medicine.
- Educating consumers, professionals, business people, legislators, law enforcement personnel, organizations and agencies about Science-Based Medicine.
- Providing resources and information for information concerning all aspects of Science-Based Medicine. Providing a central resource for communication between individuals and organizations concerned about Science-Based Medicine.
- Supporting sound consumer health laws for the practice of Science-Based Medicine and opposing legislation that undermines Science-Based Medicine.
- Encouraging and aiding legal actions in support of the practice of Science-Based Medicine.
Science-Based Medicine needs organization, people and funding.
To see what organization and funding can provide, visit the
Naturopaths, chiropractors, acupuncturists are organized, funded and increasingly licensed by the State.
The anti-vaccine groups have the organization and funding to
For Science-Based Medicine we have virtually nothing. Those who are proponents of Science-Based Medicine are few in numbers, poorly funded and lack organization. It could be argued that we have breadth and depth of the medical-industrial complex behind us, and at some level we do.
In Science-Based Medicine we have science on our side. We have all the understanding of reality brought about by the study of anatomy, physiology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, psychology and the rest of the sciences and biological sciences.
What we often lack is compelling stories.
I became interested in the topic of pseudo-medicine early in my practice when I saw a 20 something young woman with a leg sarcoma who decided against cure (below the knee amputation) and sought the care of a naturopathic provider who treated her cancer with Dr. Youngs alkaline therapy. It did not work. The cancer destroyed her leg and I saw for a gangrenous, foul smelling leg. She refused surgery and died that night in her sleep when the tumor eroded into a major artery and she bled out.
Yet another paper in the pseudo-medical world that I read and think what the?
In this case it is PLOS One in their CAM feed with
Page 1 of 2