I have often marveled at how powerful the delusional state of some pseudo-medical providers can be.
There was the recent attempt to provide homeopathic nostrums of ebola patients. It failed and the homeopaths took affront at being denied the opportunity to do nothing except put themselves at risk for ebola.
Those of us in the reality-based world have long worried, tongue in cheek, about what would happen if homeopathic nostrums were flushed down the toilet. Since a basic precept of homeopathy is the more dilute a product becomes, the more it increases in potency. A 200C preparation released into the ocean could have unimaginable consequences, its power magnified in the vastness of the seas. And I would worry that the spiral flow of the water would add to the potency, adding the Coriolis effect to the potentiating effect of succussion (1).
Now it would appear that a homeopath has taken the idea to heart, as noted by the
British homeopath Grace DaSilva-Hill wants to cure the oceans by putting their nostrums into the ocean directly, by way of a river or even flushing it down the toilet. Or even speak the name of the nostrum to a glass a water before flushing.
And what does the ocean have? Syphilis I suppose, as like heals like in the homeopathic delusion and she is suggesting using Leuticum, a
What symptoms is Leuticum normally used for? According to
- No sooner does night come on than I am a prey to such dreadfully sinful desires that drive me mad. (in a woman).
- Complains of a lump in the side at night.
- Thin, very bony, flat chested and hypertrophied glands in groins and both sides of neck.
- Deafness, habitual alarming fright at night. Anaemic, dusky, notched incisors.
- Superficial glands are greatly hypertrophied. Worms – oxyures.
- Periodical epistaxis.
- Bad colour of teeth.
- Hydrocephalus, skin of his head seems to him to be very tight.
- Bulging pot belly.
- Spine bent from side to side, left scapular region forming the hunch.
- Much enlarged liver.
- Macrocephalic head.
- Teeth literally rotten.
- Inflammation of the nerve of sight.
- Headaches which are worse in bed at night.
- Teeth indented in dots, notched and imbedded more or less in tartar.
- Defective development of eyes and brain.
- Low forehead, blind from double Cataract.
- Frightened by least noise.
- Pent up syphilitic taint.
- Constipated much.
- Decay of teeth in children.
- Pretty bad pain in abdomen, from warmth of bed at night.
- Enlarged tonsils.
- Nocturnal enuresis.
- Chronic discharge from right ear of which he is deaf.
- Sleep walking.
- Ascites with enlarged glands.
- Bulging forehead, no eye lashes, dull expression.
- Heavy sleeper. Indurated glands in the sides of neck.
- Grinds her teeth at night.
The ocean is worse off than I suspected, although I guess it is the first entry on the list explains the collapse of the fish stocks.
One of the late manifestations of syphilis has the the charming name
Delusions, which are common, tend to be poorly systematized and absurd. They can be grandiose, melancholic, or paranoid. These delusions include ideas of great wealth, immortality, thousands of lovers, unfathomable power, but also apocalypse, nihilism, self-blame, or bizarre hypochondriacal complaints.
Reads like a Homeopaths Mission Statement.
(1) Yes, I know the direction of the water in a toilet is not determined by the Coriolis effect.